Thursday, November 29, 2007

The last few days....

OK, so lets start with thanksgiving...now I'm an Aussie, so uh, we really don't make a big deal about the historical side of it....to us it's a day to get together with family and friends....and for that we are very thankful! (I do plan on teaching the kids more on it, for anyone who may be concerned! but it's not high on my list of priorities right now) Anyway, we had friends and family over, and lots and lots of food.....and SNOW! After wearing t-shirts just 2 days prior, a cold front blew in, which we were expecting, but then gorgeous BIG, fluffy snowflakes started to fall. The kids had a blast...

OK, so her hands were frozen....but that's what happens when you don't listen to sound advice, and put on warm gloves...


It was soooo pretty...and fun! Although, I was sick with a lousy head cold, so I did beg not to be doused with cold snow...but as you can see some of the adults also had some fun...





We ate a lot...played table tennis/ping pong, and lit up the wood-burning stove for our first fire of this winter....and then we had to open the front door and windows, because it was too hot! Vic and Cindy (that's Vic above) fried a turkey for us to try, which was very good! Wish you all could have been there too! Our leftovers didn't last very long...I think I'll cook another turkey soon....I have 2-20lb'ers in my freezer, that I got some great deals on (1 free and 1 for $10), and chop it up and refreeze in baggies for quick meals.


This past week has just been catching up on housework, and laundry, and buying some more gloves/jackets/and hats, that the cold spell reminded me that we needed! (Doesn't Jared look cute in his new coat!) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did my BABY go?!?! *sob* By the time we get there, you'll be tellin' us junior #5 is on the way!!!!