Saturday, January 26, 2008

And Last but not Least....

We have a new favourite muffin recipe...Orange Cranberry Muffins....you need to head over to Tammy's recipes , and check them out! Be warned....fresh cranberries are TART, but once you get used to it, you're hooked! BTW, I make these without eggs....sure, I was supposed to make them with eggs, but when you go to bake, and find that you don't have any....well, you get creative! Or, at least you get on the web and do a frantic search for "egg substitutes", and then you find out that you can mix 3 tsp of milled flax seed with boiling water....which I just happen to keep on hand....phew! And we loved them so much (OK, so the kids insist on me leaving cranberries out of some), this way, that I have never put the eggs in! Oh, and I sprinkle the tops with raw sugar too! Soooo good, and Heath has declared them the best muffins he's ever eaten....so, they are worth their weight in gold!

*edited to contain the links!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They sound interesting. I can't believe that you have an egg substitute on hand all the time but you didn't have any eggs. I haven't even heard of the substitute.