Wednesday, June 13, 2007

He Remembered...and other things...

Yes, Heath remembered our anniversary! He even took me out to Perini Ranch Steakhouse, which is a famous steakhouse in Buffalo Gap. It was our first time there. (FYI some of their clients are President Bush, Gov. Rick Perry, Fess Parker, and a few others that I don't remember.....!) We had Steaks, of course, which were really good, and for dessert we had jalapeno cheesecake! Doesn't that sound wonderful???? ;0 It really wasn't bad....it was a NY chscake w/ a sweet jalapeno jelly sauce that was supposed to be drizzled over....we got it on the side....just in case. I really didn't mind it, Heath ate it plain, and although it was OK...I think we'll stick with regular NY. The funny thing was this place had NO airconditioning???? Just ceiling fans....it was rather warm! All in all, we had a great evening, Dandi had the kids for us....so I got to eat my meal slowly and also hot! 'Twas nice... :)

Our garden is growing well! I have asked my sister to send me the instructions on how to do slide shows so that I can post a bunch of pics.....seeing as she hasn't got around to it for me! (Ok, so before I got this published, she got it done. Typical!)

Our life of late....I made jam!!!! I was so excited! Yes, it was from our home grown peaches. Now, if I could only find a recipe for the 100% fruit jams with NO sugar OR sweeteners. It turned out great....

We also made bird feeders for our "summer school" which is a really great activity if you have little ones, or just love birds in your yard. You get pine cones, string, peanut butter and cheap birdseed.....and then follow the examples below...

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work with the photos and all! Experiment with slide.com for slideshows. Yell out if you can't work it out.

Okay, okay, good on Heath for remembering...*grudingly said* :)

Btw, I used to have recipes to make sugarless/all natural jams. If you be nice to me, I might have to see if I can dig them up for you. Or rather, see if they still exist!