Friday, July 27, 2007

Tis the season for all kinds of veggies!

I had to laugh today....I had some sales catalogues on the coffee table that had come out of my newspaper, and as they all seem to....they had an underwear ad, which my son happened to see....hence his comment...."look at those stupid girls Mom, they're just wearin zucchinis!" LOLOLOLOLOL!!! I didn't roar with laughter in his face, as there will be plenty of time for him to realise that they are actually bikinis, not "zucchinis"! :) It's nice to know though, that he knows it's not appropriate for girls to run around like that, and hey we do have a big veggie patch, and zucchinis are an abundant thing!

Speaking of gardening, we got our first 2 rockmelons/cantaloupes of our vine today....I still have to work up a taste for those....but the rest of the family loves them. My zucchini are dying off, and the rest are doing pretty well! Tomorrow is going to be pretty hectic, as we got a load of dirt today, and have to spread it tomorrow and try to get the yard seeded!!!! Yay! We are getting close to done, other than waiting for the grass to grow. I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow and blog them for you all.

Thanks everyone for your emails (yes I got yours Mel!) I'll try to reply soon, just thought this way I could give you all an update till then! Jekkie is making some small improvements with her speech! Hooray! We still haven't got very far....but anything is a plus! She can say "yesh Mom" and "Yesh, Dad" and "Ball" and the beginning sounds of some other words, but we have to cue her and make her use them, as she is so used to her "lazy" sounds to get her by. (eg...Uh! mama, dada) We are working on sign language as well (a great web site is born2sign) and we borrowed a couple of dvd's from the library too.

Anyway, that's about all for now.....Catch ya later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Yes it is good to know that Jordan thinks its bad for girls to get around in just "zuccinis". Good to hear that Jekkie's speach is improving. Looking forward to your email.
Love to you all,
Love Mike and Mel.

Anonymous said...

LOL. That was a crack-up...I love my Jordy. :) John & Jacqui (did you meet them? I forget) were here when I read that so I told them as well as the parentals--everybody roared. :)

Nice work with the Jekster. Teach her to say, "Aunt Kristy is the best" ready for my visit (if you want me to come, that is...) ;)

The day Meli tells me you've posted before I have a clue that there's anything new up is the time you know I'm either there or "he's" here. :D And yes, that happened yesterday...